Well, I am still trying to finish writing about the vacation we took this summer. Some other things we did while in Chicago was see some old college friends that we don't often get to see (Heidi, Jessi & Cory). Also, Gary was in a wedding for one of our old friends, Tom. The night before the wedding we went to the rehearsal dinner and rehearsal. It worked out well because Gary's niece, Rachel, watched the kids for us and we got to visit her and see her apartment! Gary hung out with the groomsmen and afterwards and they went to see a movie, so I ended up spending time with the bride who has more recently become my friend. It was nice to hear some "insider" things about the wedding, especially since I didn't get to talk to her much otherwise.
We had an enjoyable time, but it was exhausting for me with the kids. My one regret is that Gary wanted me to sing "This Kiss" by Faith Hill at the reception. People were singing songs about love to get the bride and groom to kiss (and Gary and I both know that Tom secretly likes this song, although he claims to not like country pop). I was too distracted with the kids. Oh well!
As a "party favor" for the kids, Tom gave out "Harry Carry" glasses to all the kids. Above is a picture of Kara with the glasses on. How cute!!
No comments:
Post a Comment