Saturday, December 27, 2008

Christmas




We had a nice family Christmas this year. A highlight for us was the Christmas eve service at our church. Kara performed with the preschoolers. They sang "Away in a Manager", although it was not very audible. The kids were more focused on the actions that go with the song, but it was very cute. We played this song frequently on the piano and "practiced" together.
The kids were more excited and interested in the gifts they got this year. Everyone got new PJs to wear on Christmas eve, and we opened the other gifts on Christmas morning. I am hoping in future years to instill in our kids that the real joy of Christmas includes giving gifts as well. But there is certainly joy in receiving gifts which children are really good at expressing. We should joyfully receive all the gifts God gives us, especially the gift of Jesus himself.
We then had Christmas dinner with Great Grandma Hennig and Grandma & Grandpa Kueper.
I was a bit sad that I couldn't see my parents who are in Japan, but my sadness was constructive, because I called them and they got a chance to talk to their precious grandchildren. At the end of the day, I realized that the best Christmas gift for me was being able to spend it with my wonderful husband and 2 beautiful children.

No comments: