Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Kara Do That!

Okay, Kara & Dwight are starting to play together more, which means they fight and argue more too. Dwight will often come to me and say "Kara Do That!", which is his way of saying that she has done something to him that he is not happy about and he wants me to intervene, which a lot of times I don't really feel like doing. Aren't children suppose to negotiate these things on their own?

Another thing that Dwight says that I think is cute is "deebee deebee" (DVD).

After living in Dubuque for a few years now, I had a revelation the other day. There are maybe only a handful of escalators in this town. You know that you have become a "country bumpkin" when you take your kids up and down a lone escalator "for fun". I never thought I would say this!

I went cross country skiing for the second time a week and a half ago. Gary and I call it "poor man skiing". I am a pretty good downhill skier, but for me this hasn't seem to translate over to cross country. I was sore for 2 days afterwards and couldn't really keep up with Gary or the other more athletic people we were with. I'm still trying to figure out how to balance and to stop. Oh well, I had fun trying anyway.

No comments: